The carpet is a ground covering made of natural fibers or chemical synthetic fibers such as cotton, hemp, wool, silk, grass yarn, etc., which are knitted, woven or woven by hand or mechanical process. 2019 weighted blanket black friday deals. It is one of the world’s fine arts and crafts with a long history.
Grade of carpets
Carpets are divided into six levels depending on the place they are used and the performance:
- Mild household grade: laying a room or part that is not used very often;
- Medium-home or mild professional use grade: for master bedroom or dining room, etc.
- General home level or moderate professional use level: for living room, frequent traffic places such as stairs, corridors, etc.
- Heavy household grade or general professional grade: used in the home heavy wear place, such as around the dining table;
- Severe professional use level: households generally do not use;
- Luxury class: The carpet is of good quality and long in fiber, so it is luxurious.
Common carpet raw materials
Common fiber materials for carpet yarn are divided into natural fiber, chemical fiber and blended fiber.
- Natural fibers include wool, silk, cotton and jute.
- Chemical fibers include viscose staple fiber, nylon B CF filament and staple fiber, acrylic staple fiber, polypropylene B CF filament and staple fiber and polyester staple fiber.
- Blended with wool/nylon, wool/viscose, wool/acrylic, wool/polyester and wool/jute.
The wool has fine hair and natural elasticity. It can be quickly restored to its original state after being pressed. Pure wool is a natural fiber, does not contain static electricity, is not easy to vacuum, and has natural flame retardancy. Find the best wool carpet for living room. The pure wool carpet has beautiful patterns, elegant color, not easy to aging and fade, and has the characteristics of sound absorption, warmth and comfortable feet.
In addition, according to the different wool content of the woven wool carpet, it can be divided into the following:
- Pure wool carpet: wool content ≥95%;
- Wool carpet: 80% ≤ wool content <95%;
- Wool blended carpet: 20% ≤ wool content <80%;
- Blended carpet: wool content <20%.
How to buy carpets
When buying, be sure to strictly check the safety and comfort of carpets. You can learn skills in this carpet buying guide. Qualified carpets do not have radiation, do not emit gases such as formaldehyde that are not conducive to good health, and meet various environmental requirements.
- View carpet quality inspection reports
- Take a closer look at carpet product labels
- Identify product materials
- Check the quality of the carpet’s appearance, such as feel.